No branches? No problem. RBC Bank provides 7 easy ways to deposit money into your checking or savings accounts.
Deposit U.S. currency and checks drawn on U.S. financial institutions at any PNC Bank†† ATM that accepts deposits.
Find an ATM Location
U.S. Remote Deposit
Use your smart phone or personal computer with desktop scanner and high-speed internet connection to scan images of checks and transmit them directly to your RBC Bank account.
Make or accept deposits worldwide! RBC Bank offers domestic, international and foreign exchange wire transfer options.
Set up automatic deposits for your paycheck or other regular payments issued to you. Typically the organization that is paying you will have direct deposit instructions, but you can use this generic direct deposit form too.
Access direct deposit form
Send paper-based deposits with the provided deposit slip directly to RBC Bank using pre-filled, postage-paid envelopes.
Call us at 1-800-769-2553 to order envelopes or to request additional deposit slips
RBC Cross-Border Transfers
Make free, unlimited transfers between your RBC Canadian and U.S. accounts using Online Banking & Bill Pay.
U.S. External Financial Institution Transfers
Use Online Banking & Bill Pay to register accounts you own with other U.S. financial institutions so you can make easy online transfers with no fee!
- How do I add money to my account?
- There are seven easy ways to deposit money into your checking or savings account:
- ATM Deposits: You can use your RBC Bank Visa debit card deposit U.S. currency and checks drawn on U.S. financial institutions at any PNC Bank ATM†† that accepts deposits.
- U.S. Remote Deposit: Use your Smartphone or personal computer with scanner and secure internet connections to safely transmit images of U.S. based checks for deposit to your RBC Bank checking or savings accounts.
- Direct Deposit: Set up electronic deposits for regular payments such as your payroll or Social security benefits.
- Wire transfer. International, domestic and foreign exchange
- Funds transfer between your RBC Bank accounts and those you own with other U.S. financial institutions
- Free, unlimited transfers between your Canadian and U.S. RBC accounts.
- U.S. mail: We provide convenient “bank by mail” envelopes to you at no charge. To order envelopes, visit rbcbank.com, click on Contact Us to send us a request.
- How do I deposit cash?
- You can use your RBC Bank Visa debit card to deposit U.S. currency at any PNC Bank ATM†† that accepts deposits. You cannot deposit Canadian currency using PNC Bank ATMs. Please do not send cash via U.S. mail.
- Do I have to pay for wire transfers?
- There are fees associated with sending or receiving wire transfers. Please refer to the Schedule of Fees for specific transaction costs.
- Will I get a receipt for deposits made by mail?
- No. Please check your account activity via online banking, automated telephone banking (1-800 ROYAL 5-3), or your monthly statement to reconcile the deposit to your records.
- How long will it take for an online or wire deposit to appear in my account?
- If you are making on online transfer between RBC Bank and/or RBC Royal Bank accounts, the deposit credit will appear immediately. If you are making a wire transfer between non-RBC accounts - either domestic or international - the deposit credit may take up to two business days to appear.
- Do I have to pay for using U.S. Remote Deposit?
- There is no fee to download or use the application and make deposits.
- How many deposits can I make each month?
- Make as many deposits as you want into these accounts:
- Money Market
You can make an initial funding deposit into a certificate of deposit (CD) but you can’t add more money until maturity. Additional funds can be added at maturity and during the grace period.
- When will my deposited money be available to me?
- Availability of the funds you deposit to your RBC Bank account(s) varies depending on the type of deposit you make. For example, if you transfer funds from your Canadian RBC Royal Bank account to your U.S. RBC Bank account, those funds are available immediately. Yet, funds deposited using a PNC Bank ATM†† can take up to 5 business days to become available. For details, review page 25 of the Personal Service Agreement.
View All FAQs
We're here to help.
Whenever you have a question, send us a message or give us a call.
3 Keys to a Successful
- Deposit only U.S. currency and checks drawn on U.S. financial institutions
- Endorse (sign the back of) each check item
- Include a completed deposit (when required)